The Villa Angela-St. Joseph High Fall sports season is scheduled to officially start this upcoming week. The first official day/time for each sport is as follows:
- Day 1 Tryouts: Saturday, August 1, 8:00am-11:00am at Villa Angela-St. Joseph
- Day 2 Tryouts: Sunday, August 2, 12:00pm-3:00pm at Villa Angela-St. Joseph
- Athletes will enter through the gym doors located on the north end of the building closest to the football bleachers.
- Football — Monday August 3, Please contact Coach Grbac with questions, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girls Soccer – Monday, August 3, Please Contact Coach Kempert with questions, WomensSoccer@vasj.com
- Boys Soccer – Monday, August 3, Please contact Coach Mastrontoni, MensSoccer@vasj.com
- Cross Country – Please contact Coach Celeste, XCTF@vasj.com
- Golf – Please contact Coach Dunmire, Golf@vasj.com
All sports teams will be required to follow certain protocols due to the Covid-19 pandemic. These protocols are in place to create the safest possible environment for the athletes and coaches. This information will be explained to student-athletes on the first day of tryouts/practice. These protocols are unique to each individual sport, team and level and are based on a variety of factors such as:
- The dynamics of the space in which the tryout/practice is taking place.
- The number of athletes that are participating
- How the tryout/practice is structured including the types of drills that are being conducted.
To be able to participate in any athletic related activities, all athletes must:
- Wear a mask to and from all sport-related activities. This includes when entering and exiting all facilities.
- Bring their own personal water. The amount of water should be based on the type of workout along with whether or not the workout is taking place indoors or outdoors. For example, conditioning outdoors in the heat may require the athlete to bring more water to stay hydrated.
- Arrive wearing the proper workout attire. The athlete should make sure to dress appropriately. An athlete’s gear/attire can have an impact on how he/she performs.
- Leave all valuables at home. Locker rooms will NOT be available, but not during the first few days so all athletes must come properly dressed.
- Have their online paperwork completed in Final Forms https://villaangela-oh.finalforms.com/ NOTE: Incoming students will not be able to complete their portion. They are allowed to participate as long as parents have completed their portion. Feel free to contact the Athletic Department if you need assistance email@example.com
- All student-athletes MUST have an up-to-date physical by the start of the season on August 1, 2020. Physicals are not mandated for preseason activities, but they are required come the official start of the season per OHSAA. Physical forms can be accessed by going to https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/sportshub2-uploads-prod/files/sites/382/2020/06/15144638/PPE_2020-21-HS.pdf.
Any athletes that plan on participating in a Fall sport but are unable to do so at this time should please contact the Athletic Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We understand that we are dealing with a very unique situation, so we are prepared to accommodate students that have concerns about participating at this time.